Albinos
For my collective identity topic I have decided to do Albinism. I chose this topic not only because it is very interesting but also I want to know more about this topic. Albinism is something you do not choose, you are born with it. People around the world believe in the "Evil Albino" stereotype. The representation of Albinos in media, particularly in movies is not positive.
Achromia also known as Albinism is a genetic condition. It is characterised by a deficit in the production of melanin and by partial or complete absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes. This "disease" could be found not only in humans but also birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians.
Since birth, people with albinism have little or no pigmentation in their eyes, skin and hair. People with albinism are very pale with fair hair and very light eyes. A person with albinism is generally as healthy as the rest of the population. However, problems with vision and skin are particularly common.

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий