Comparing FB with VK
I had a task to compare Facebook albino page with the Russian social networking website, which is called "VK". Even though, VK does not have a lot of subscribers, it could be clearly seen that those two pages are very similar. The representation of albinos in Russia is indeed positive.
However, I have to say, that seeing a person with albinism would be a huge surprise, as there are almost none in Russia. Therefore, the view on albinism is just forming in Russia. Similarly, Facebook has already formed audiences' opinion as it have much more followers than VK.
Each culture has its own norms and values. However, they could be represented in different ways. For some, the idea of albinism is completely normal, while for others, it is something undiscovered, something that they may explore during their lives. I guess, FB and VK pages about people with albinism, have one thing in common. The willingness to gain the knowledge and understanding about how people with albinism are integrated in our society. Are they happy, because those people are unique, and the topic to talk about, which way make them famous (in Sir Maejor's case) or are they feeling bad because of they suffer that genetic issue? I guess everyone has to make their own judgement.
Another important issue I wanted to raise, is that some social networking websites may not be moderated. For instance, Facebook is a public limited company, which sells their shares to people. Such a big company as Facebook, must have a team of moderators, who's job is to look for and cut the discriminatory containing messages. Similarly, VK is a more floating around social networking website. It is more likely, for VK messages to contain swear words or even discriminatory messages. When I was looking to albinos page at VK, I found a few highly negative views and opinions about albinos, while Facebook's page does not contain such messages.
Furthermore, the comments which people leave under the posts in Facebook are almost all positive, in comparison with VK, where a few comments may be discriminatory. I would repeat myself here, and say that every culture has its own norms and values. That is why some people who leave their messages in Facebook and VK may hold their own believes.
LINK TO FACEBOOK
LINK TO VK
Each culture has its own norms and values. However, they could be represented in different ways. For some, the idea of albinism is completely normal, while for others, it is something undiscovered, something that they may explore during their lives. I guess, FB and VK pages about people with albinism, have one thing in common. The willingness to gain the knowledge and understanding about how people with albinism are integrated in our society. Are they happy, because those people are unique, and the topic to talk about, which way make them famous (in Sir Maejor's case) or are they feeling bad because of they suffer that genetic issue? I guess everyone has to make their own judgement.
Another important issue I wanted to raise, is that some social networking websites may not be moderated. For instance, Facebook is a public limited company, which sells their shares to people. Such a big company as Facebook, must have a team of moderators, who's job is to look for and cut the discriminatory containing messages. Similarly, VK is a more floating around social networking website. It is more likely, for VK messages to contain swear words or even discriminatory messages. When I was looking to albinos page at VK, I found a few highly negative views and opinions about albinos, while Facebook's page does not contain such messages.
Furthermore, the comments which people leave under the posts in Facebook are almost all positive, in comparison with VK, where a few comments may be discriminatory. I would repeat myself here, and say that every culture has its own norms and values. That is why some people who leave their messages in Facebook and VK may hold their own believes.
LINK TO FACEBOOK
LINK TO VK
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий